Planview Task Integration mApp Solution 1.0
Use the Planview Task Integration mApp® Solution to integrate Tasks into CSM.
This is a Cherwell Labs mApp Solution. Functionality, testing, and documentation are limited or incomplete. Cherwell support is not provided for this mApp Solution, so install it at your own risk on a test environment before installing it on a production system.
Platform version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.1.0
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.1.0. This mApp Solution may also be compatible on content versions that are older than CSM 10.1.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test them on your customized system.
Prerequisites: Planview PPM Pro
Available languages: English
The Planview Task Integration mApp Solution uses the Planview API to integrate Tasks into CSM. The mApp Solution contains recommended best practice for syncing data between CSM and Planview. Technicians can see and work on all IT Tasks alongside any Project-related Tasks.
Apply the mApp Solution
To download, apply, and configure the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM. Do not select Finish yet.
- Review the Merge Actions to ensure customizations to your CSM instance will not be overwritten.
- When prompted, enter your Planview URL to use for the API connection.
- Still in the Apply mApp Wizard, when you reach the Final Options window, select Open a Blueprint so that I can preview the changes, and then select Finish.
- When the Blueprint opens, select Managers > Stored Values.
The Stored Value Manager opens.
- Double-click the Planview folder.
- Right-click the Planview Username stored value, and then select Edit.
- In the Value field, enter your Plainview username to be used with your API account, and then select Save.
- Right-click the Planview Password stored value, and then select Edit.
- In the Value field, enter your Plainview password to be used with your API account, and then select Save.
- Publish the Blueprint.
For a list of items included in this mApp Solution, see Planview Task Integration mApp Solution Items.
|mApp Solution Version||Platform Version Requirements||Content Version Requirements||Prerequisites|