Add Skills and Link to Users
Add skills and link to Users from the mApp® Solution from the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client.
This functionality is only available if you have applied the Skills Management mApp Solution.
- Open the Search Manager.
- From the Association drop-down list, select Skills.
The All Skills Saved Search displays.
- Run the All Skills Saved Search.
Search results are listed. There are 87 pre-loaded skills included in the mApp Solution.
- To create new skills, select New from the menu bar. This can only be done from the CSM Desktop Client.
- To view a skill record, select the skill.
- To assign a skill to a User, from the Form Arrangement, select the Users tab, and then select the link button.
In the Browser Client, if you do not see the Form Arrangement tabs at the bottom of the Form, find the Form Splitter Separator and drag it up to reveal the tabs.
The User Info Selector window opens.
- Select a User and then select OK.
- To assign all Users from a specific team to a skill, from the Form Arrangement, select the Teams tab, and then select the link button.
The Team Info Selector window opens.
- Select a Team and then select OK.
After saving the skill record, the Users within the linked team will automatically be linked to the skill and will be visible on the Users tab. A refresh may be required to see the changes.
- To assign a required skill to an Incident Category, from the Form Arrangement, select the Incident Categories tab, and then select the link button.
The Incident Category Selector window opens.
- Select an Incident Category and then select OK.
Categories can only have one skill as its Required Skill.
- To view the Incident Category Form, select the Category from the list in the Incident Categories tab, and then select the Goto Incident Category button.
The Required Skill on the Incident Category Form is populated with the skill you linked.
- Save the record.