Tenable.io Integration mApp Solution
Use the Tenable.io Integration mApp® Solution for a bi-directional integration between Tenable and CSM.
Platform version requirements: CSM 10.2.x
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.2.0
Available languages: English
Use the Tenable.io Integration mApp Solution to import vulnerabilities discovered in Tenable into CSM, where you can create Security Events mapped to your Configuration Items (CIs). Track, ignore, or plan a remediation chain of events for the Security Event. After the vulnerabilities are addressed and CIs are rescanned, the updated status is sent back to CSM to close the loop. This integration helps increase coordination between IT and Security teams to ensure organizations have clear visibility regarding security threats. While Tenable.io will scan and discover vulnerabilities (open ports, insecure configurations, malware), using this integration with CSM can help enforce the process and policies around the handling of Security Events through Incident or Change Management.
How the mApp Solution Works
CSM provides Tenable.io Integration as a mApp Solution so you can easily integrate Tenable.io into your existing system. Download the mApp Solution from the Cherwell mApp Exchange. Use the Apply mApp wizard to apply the mApp Solution to your CSM system. The Apply mApp Solution wizard generates a Blueprint, which can then be viewed and published to a test or live system to commit the changes.
For a list of items included in the mApp Solution, see Tenable.io Integration mApp Solution Items.
Apply the mApp Solution
Before you apply the mApp Solution, have your Tenable.io API Access and Secret Keys available.
This mApp Solution changes the properties for Host Name and MAC Address for the following Business Objects, making these fields required:
- Config - Computer
- Config - Server
- Config - Network Devices
Follow these steps to download and apply the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM. Do not select Finish yet.
- On the Final Options screen, select Open a Blueprint so that I can preview the changes, and then select Finish.
- When the Apply mApp Wizard closes, select the Publish Blueprint link.
- Select the appropriate publish options, and then select Publish.
- When the publish finishes, a One-Step™ Action runs automatically and you are prompted for your Tenable.io API Access Key and Secret Keys. Enter that information into the prompts. For more information, see the Tenable.io documentation at https://docs.tenable.com/TenableIO.htm.
|mApp Version||Platform Version Requirements||Version Requirements||Prerequisites|
|1.0||10.2.x||Tested on CSM 10.2.0||None|