Each Journal type has its own unique form. Journals are child records, so they are linked to and available from their parent records.
Access Journals by selecting the Journals tab in the parent record's arrangement.
CSM provides the following default Incident Journal types:
- Journal - Note: Tracks user notes/comments. For example, a user might chronicle troubleshooting progress.
- Journal - Customer Request: Tracks Customer requests/comments.
- Journal - History: Tracks important field changes. Tracked fields are configurable and are defined in the Business Object definition.
- Journal - Mail History: Tracks email correspondence. For example, emails sent for receipt, follow-up, resolution, and questions.
- Journal - SLM History: Tracks SLA breaches, warnings, and changes in the pending status for Stop the Clock.
- Journal - Queue History: Tracks when records are added to/removed from a Queue. See About Queues.
- Journal - Remote Support History: Tracks chat/remote support sessions.
History Journals are automatically created by CSM. Notes are manually created in CSM by selecting New Journal. Customer Requests are manually created in the CSM Portal.