Change Design Ideas
CSM provides a Change workflow with all the tools you need to successfully create and manage a Change. You can use this workflow as-is or tailor it to meet the needs of your organization.
Design ideas include:
- Fields: Change which fields are required and when and which fields support Rich Text.
- View Counter: Incrementally track the number of times a record is viewed by a customer or user in the CSM Desktop Client, CSM Browser Client, and CSM Portal. View Counter functionality is configured in CSM Administrator.
- Statuses: Modify Change statuses and/or the One-Step™ Actions that are initiated when a Change enters each status.
- Form: Change the form theme (background and text color), tab order, and size. Change the threshold and/or colors for priority.
- Actions and One-Step Actions: Create Actions/One-Step Actions to automate your workflow (example: Add another Approval process), or implement any of the unused sample One-Step Actions that are shipped with CSM (example: Create and send out a Change Review questionnaire).
- Email: Change the templates that are used to create the emails sent by Automation Processes, or disable/change when and to whom notifications are sent (example: Notify Change owners by email of any status updates).
- Field Value Options: Use Table Management to add/edit Lookup Object values for use in drop-down fields (example: CAB Members).
- Approvals: Modify the Approval process rules (example: The number or percentage of approvers needed to approve a Change).