Create a New Knowledge Article
This procedure walks you through the typical steps to create a new Knowledge Article (KA).
To create a new KA:
- In the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client, select File > New > New Knowledge-IT.
A new KA record is logged with a unique ID and a status of Draft.
- Complete the fields on the Overview tab. See Knowledge-IT Forms.
- Select Save to save the information. If you select Cancel, your KA will not be saved.
- Once you are done creating a draft KA, select Next: Technical Review.The KA status changes to Technical Review.
- The default Knowledge Article workflow automatically routes the form through the appropriate phases for review and publishing. See Knowledge Article Workflow One-Step Actions for specific information about each phase of the workflow.