Run the Server Installation
Launch the installation on the server to install the Server application files. Use the Cherwell Service Management installation wizard to begin the installation and the Cherwell Configuration Manager to configure the services.
Run the installation as a system administrator so that all installation steps can execute successfully.
- In the CherwellDiskImage-English folder, right-click the Cherwell_Service_Managment_Installation.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
The Cherwell Service Management installation window opens.
- Select Install in the Server section of the Cherwell Service Management installation wizard.
The Cherwell Service Management Server Setup window opens.
- Select Install in the Cherwell Service Management Server Setup window.
The install begins and the Cherwell Service Management Server Setup Wizard opens.
- Review the introductory text, and then select Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then select Next.
- Use the default location folder in which to install the Server installation files or select Change to browse to another location. We recommend accepting the default installation folder. See Folder Selection Options. Select Next.
- Select Install to start the installation.
After the installation begins, the Cherwell Configuration Manager opens.
- Select Start on the Cherwell Configuration Manager.
- Select the database components to install, and then select Next. See Database Selection Options.
- Select which CSM services to enable by default, and then select Next. See Server Selection Options.
- Provide the Cherwell Server account credentials that will be used to launch the CSM services, then select Finish. See Server Log in Information.
- The next page depends on selections made on the Database Selection page:
- Cherwell demo database: The Connection Wizard opens to help configure the Server connection (the connection between the CSM Application Server and the CSM database).
- Update an existing database: A prompt appears to select an existing CSM database to update. Select a database, log in, and then approve the update. Select OK when the wizard shows that the update is complete.
- Not update any data: Installation is complete. A database update is typically necessary, so there might be a prompt to update the database upon first run of the applications.
- If prompted, select an installation environment:
- Development: The database file is being used to configure functionality.
- Production: The database file meets all requirements, has been tested, and is ready for business use.
- Test: The database file is being used for testing purposes.
The environment type provides visibility into the environment you are working with while managing your system. Once this value is selected, it displays in the client login windows, window titles for the CSM Desktop Client and CSM Administrator (if configured; see Configure User Display Settings), the Health Check Results window, and the Company Information drop-down in the CSM Browser Client and CSM Portal. You can leverage these values in your configurations using their associated About System Functions.
- Provide a default password for the Cherwell Message Queue Service, and then select Finish.
- The base URL of the Cherwell REST API is automatically populated. If you need to edit it, see Set the Base URL for the Cherwell REST API.
- Select Close on the Cherwell Configuration Manager.
- Select Finish on the Cherwell Service Management Setup Wizard.
- Select Close on the Cherwell Service Management Server Setup window.