Add a Related Item Picker Control to a Form
Create a new Blueprint and use the Form Editor to add a Related Item Picker control to a form.
Users may have to disable the pop-up blocker in their browser when searching for related items in the CSM Portal.
To add a Related Item Picker control to a form:
- Open a form in the Form Editor.
- Drag the Related Item Picker control from the Special Control tree onto the form.
- Right-click the control field in the Form Editor.
- Select Control Properties. The Related Item Picker Properties window opens.
- In the Selector type drop-down list select a type:
- Customer: Provides access to the Contact Manager and customer records.
- CMDB Selector: Provides access to the CI database and CI Records.
- List of Values: Provides access to a configurable list of values (example: Incident Categorization).
- Optional: Select an option to define default configuration item order for the CMDB window:
- Show Config Items for Customer: If selected, the CMDB window displays configuration items for a single customer by default. This selection only shows if CMDB Selector is chosen from the Selector type drop-down list.
- Show Config Items for All Customers: If selected, the CMDB window displays Configuration Items for all customers. This selection only shows if CMDB Selector is chosen from the Selector type drop-down list.
- Select a relationship in the Relationship drop-down list to attach to the Related Item Picker control. This relationship determines which related values display in the control.
The Customer control on an Incident form automatically uses the IncidentLinksCustomer relationship because it displays customer information. The CMDB Control automatically uses IncidentLinksConfiguration item relationship because it displays CI information. The Customer and CMDB pickers are only available if the Business Object has a relationship to the customer and Configuration Item group leaders.
- Optional: Define the display text:
- Store Display Text in Field: Defaults to the public ID. Select the field in the main Business Object where you will store the related Business Object public ID. This option provides the option to store the displayed public ID from the related Business Object in a field in the main Business Object. If you wish to display/store something besides the public ID, choose a field to store the value and set up the auto-populate in the Business Object properties.
- Default Type Hint Field: Select the field in the main Business Object that points to the appropriate list of values. This option provides the option to provide a list of values when multiple values are available (example: The Related Item Picker control points to a Group Business Object and you want to specify a different list of values for each group member).
- Grid to Display: Select a custom Business Object grid for users to display when setting properties for the Related Item Picker within a Business Object form.
If a relationship points to a group leader then users can only select grids associated with the leader and not those associated with group member objects.
- Optional: Define one or more filters to constrain the values displayed in the Related Item Picker control (example: The control field only displays customers from a particular office).
- Select Add.
- Select a field in the Business Object you are currently working with.
- Select an operator (example: Equals).
- Select a value for the field.
- Select OK.
- Repeat for all desired constraints.
- Optional: Show Placeholder Text: Select this check box to add placeholder text. Use this option to add help/starter text that disappears after a user enters data.
- Use the Form Editor to define how each control looks and behaves on the form (example: Size, image, alignment, anchoring, layering, visibility, and tab order).
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.