Create/Edit a Relationship
Use the Relationship Wizard or the Relationship Properties window to create Relationships. The Relationship Wizard is the most convenient way to create new Relationships.
When you create a Relationship, you define:
- General Properties: Related Business Object, Relationship type (example: 1-1, 1-Many), name, description, etc.
- Link Properties: How to connect parent and child Business Objects to each other.
When you create or edit a Relationship using the Relationship Properties window, you can select some additional options, including:
- Auditing Options: What to track for the Relationship (example: When related Business Objects are added, edited, or deleted).
- Advanced Properties: How to handle child objects in a Relationship, define attributes, etc.
The Relationship Wizard and Relationship Properties window are available in the Relationship Editor (accessed from within the Object Manager in the Blueprint Editor).
To create a Relationship:
- Open the Relationship Editor.
- Create a Relationship in one of the following ways:
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.
To edit a Relationship:
- Open a Relationship in the Relationship Editor.
- Make changes.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.