Define General Properties for a Number Field
Select the Number Field type from the General page of the Field Properties window to define a Field that contains numeric information.
To define general properties for a Number Field:
- Open the Field Properties Window.
- On the General page of the Field Properties window, select Number from the Field Type drop-down.
- Define the digit and decimal properties for the Field.
Option Description Whole Digits Provide the number of whole digits the Field is allowed to hold. Decimal Digits Provide the number of digits that can appear after the decimal point in the Field.
Whole digits cannot contain more than 9 digits if you do not include decimals and cannot contain more than 27 digits if you use decimals. The combined number of whole digits plus the number of decimal digits cannot be greater than 38.
- Select the Allow negative numbers check box to allow the Field to contain negative numbers.
- Select the Holds Currency check box to make the Field a Field that holds currency values. Then, select a Currency Culture in the drop-down to show the appropriate currency symbol in the Field (example: English (United States) shows the dollar sign in front of the currency value). The system default is based on your computer's region and language settings.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.