Archive Slack Conversations
When archiving is configured for the Slack integration, channels are automatically archived once their associated Business Object records reaches their final life cycle state. Conversation history is stored with the configured Journal tab of the CSM Business Object record.
Good to Know:
- Messages cannot be sent to or received from archived channels.
- Channels are not archived if users who move Business Object records to their final stage do not have the Store Chat History security right.
- Slack channels cannot be manually archived from CSM.
- Slack channels can only be un-archived from Slack. If a channel associated with a completed Business Object record is un-archived from Slack, messages can be sent and received from the associated CSM Business Object record.
- Users may see a delayed status for archived channels due to possible caching between Slack and CSM. They should receive warning messages if they attempt to send messages to an archived channel or when they try to create a channel for a reopened Business Object that is associated with an archived channel.
To automatically archive Slack channels:
- Verify with your CSM administrator that archiving has been configured for the Slack integration.
- Move a CSM Business Object record to its final stage.
- In Slack, verify that the channel associated with the completed CSM record has been archived.
- In CSM, verify the archived conversation on the configured Journal tab of the Business Object record. For example, view archived conversations on the Journal - Remote Support History tab.