Create, Reset, or Change a Counter
Use the Counter window (accessed from within the Counter Manager) to create, reset, or change a Counter. When creating a Counter, define the following:
- Name and description.
- Initial value.
- Reset options (value, frequency, and timeframe) (optional): Schedule a reset (example: Reset every month).
- Change value (optional): Defines a manual, one-time Counter value change (example: Change record IDs to start at 100,000 when migrating from a test to a production system). This reset occurs as soon as the Blueprint is published and is a one-time only reset.
If a Counter Manager was installed as part of a Protected mApp™ Solution, you can edit all fields except for Name and Description and then save the item. If a new version of the same content-protected mApp Solution is installed at a later date, your changes are retained.
To create, reset, or change a Counter:
- Open the Counter Manager.
Select a scope and subfolder (if needed).
- Select Create New .
The Counter window opens.
- Define general properties:
- Name: Provide a display name to use within CSM (search for this property in CSM Item Managers).
- Description: Provide a description to use within CSM (search for this property in CSM Item Managers).
- Define the initial value and increment:
- Initial Value: Specify the number to use as the starting value (example: 1).
- Increment: Specify the number by which to increase the Counter each time it increments (example: 1).
- (Optional) Define Counter reset options (Reset Counter section):
- Select the Reset Value check box.
- Reset value: Specify the new value.
- Frequency: Select a reset frequency from the following:
- Daily: Resets each day.
- End of Month: Resets on the last day of each month.
- Hourly: Resets at the beginning of each hour.
- Weekly: Resets every week on a specified day of the week (Monday-Sunday).
- Monthly: Resets every month on a specified day (1-31). Select the day in the Day of Month drop-down list.
- Yearly: Resets every year on a specified date. Select Calendar to select the date.
The Counter is checked for reset only when it is requested. The reset occurs 1 second into the new day/week/month/year/etc.
- (Optional) Define a manual, one-time Counter value change:
This reset occurs as soon as the Blueprint is published, and is a one-time only reset.
- Select the Change Counter Value check box.
- Specify the value to which you want to manually reset the Counter (example: 100,000).
- Select Save or Save As.