Add an Image to a Widget
Use the Dashboard Editor to add an image to a Widget. Images can be:
- Imported: Any image stored in the Image Manager.
- Stored Values: Images used as Stored Values (ex: Company logo).
- Conditional (Expression-driven): For example, define an Expression to conditionally display a warning icon to indicate a surpassed threshold (ex: Open Incidents surpassed 100 count threshold).
- None: Widget does not use an image.
- Aligned: To the Top/middle/bottom and left/right/center of the Widget.
Good to know:
- See Dashboard Editor Behaviors for tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards.
To add an image to a Widget:
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor
- Click a Widget.
- On the Dashboard Editor toolbar, click the drop-down arrow on the Image button , and then select one of the following options:
- Browse: Opens the Image Manager, where you can select an existing image or import a new image to display on the Widget.
- From Stored Value: Opens the Stored Value Manager, where you can select an existing Stored Value or create a new Stored Value to use for the image.
- Custom Expression: Opens the Custom Expression Builder, where you can create a custom Expression to use only for this scenario.
- Expression Manager: Opens the Expression Manager, where you can select an existing Expression or create a new stored Expression to use. Stored Expressions can be reused in numerous places in CSM.
- None: Does not use an image.
- Align the image:
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Image button, select Image Alignment, and then select an alignment option within the Widget (example: Top-right).
Continue making changes, or select OK to save and close the editor.