Align a Widget
Use the Dashboard Editor to align Widgets on a Dashboard. Widgets can be aligned:
- To the Dashboard grid.
- To each other.
Good to know:
- Use Snap to Grid and Snap to Guide to precisely align Widgets. Press SHIFT+DRAG to ignore grid and guide snapping.
- See Dashboard Editor Behaviors for tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards.
To align a Widget on a Dashboard:
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor.
- Click a Widget.
- Click the Snap to Grid button to enable grid snapping, and then drag the Widget around the grid to precisely align it to the grid points.
To align a Widget to other Widgets:
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor
- Select at least two Widgets (the last selected Widget is the controlling Widget and is identified by black boxes).
- Do one of the following:
- To align several Widgets against a horizontal axis (either Left, Middle, or Right), click one of the Line Up Horizontally buttons on the Dashboard Editor toolbar.
- To align several Widgets against a vertical axis (either Top, Middle, or Bottom), click one of the Line Up Vertically buttons on the Dashboard Editor toolbar.
- To enable guide snapping, click the Snap to Guide button on the Dashboard Editor toolbar, and then drag the Widget near other items to precisely align it.
- To explicitly position a Widget to a specified location, right-click>Position (or press CTRL+SHIFT+P) to open the Control Position and Size window, then specify the Left and Top location and click OK.
Continue making changes, or select OK to save and close the editor.