Select a User Dashboard Theme
A dashboard theme is a set of set of colors, styles, and fonts that can be applied to a dashboard to give the dashboard and its widgets a cohesive look.
Good to know:
- The ability to select a user dashboard theme in the CSM Desktop Client and CSM Browser Client is based on two things: Security rights and permission from the dashboard (that is, the Allow User's Chosen Theme to Override the Dashboard Theme check box is selected on the dashboard's display page).
- Dashboard theme behaviors can vary. See Dashboard Themes.
- If no suitable theme is available for selection, you can create a new theme in the CSM Administrator. See Create a Theme.
Select a User Dashboard Theme in a CSM Client
- Open a dashboard in either the CSM Desktop or Browser Client.
- Open the User Theme Preferences dialog:
- In the CSM Desktop Client: Right-click on the dashboard and select User Theme in the context menu.
- In the CSM Browser Client: Select the Theme button on the toolbar.
The theme types available for selection in the User Theme Preferences dialog are dependent on the current theme type applied to the dashboard (classic or universal theme). If a classic theme is currently applied, you can only select a classic theme. If a universal theme is currently applied, you can only select a universal theme.
- Select a theme from the User Theme Preferences drop-down list:
- Use system default (theme name): Theme defined for the default global dashboard (available for classic theme selection only).
- Use role default (theme name): Theme defined for the default role dashboard (available for classic theme selection only).
- Use dashboard theme: Theme defined for the dashboard in the Dashboard Editor (available for classic and universal theme selection).
- Specifically selected theme: Any other theme available for selection in the drop-down list.
- Select OK.