Size a Widget
Use the Dashboard Editor to define a Widget's size. Widgets can be:
- Manually sized.
- Explicitly sized.
- Sized the same as other Widgets.
Good to know:
- Hold down the SHIFT key while sizing a Widget to maintain the proper aspect ratio.
- Press the CTRL+ARROW keys to resize a Widget one (1) pixel at a time.
- To resize an Image Widget to be its original size, click the Widget, and then click the Auto-size button .
- Auto-size is useful for Expression-driven labels because it automatically resizes the label's bounding box to accommodate dynamic text.
- See Dashboard Editor Behaviors for tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards.
To size a Widget:
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor.
- Click a Widget.
- Size the Widget using one of the following options:
- To manually size a Widget, click-and-drag one of the handles (white or black box) to the size you want.
- To auto-size a text Widget to be exactly the right size to hold all its contained text, click the Auto-size button on the Dashboard Editor toolbar.
- To explicitly size a Widget to a specified pixel height and width, right-click>Position (or press CTRL+SHIFT+P) to open the Control Position and Size window, then specify the pixel sizes and click OK.
- To size several Widgets to the same width, height, or width and height, select at least two Widgets (the last selected Widget is the Controlling Widget and is identified by black boxes), and then click the Make Same Width button , Make Same Height button , or Make Same Size button on the Dashboard Editor toolbar.
Continue making changes, or select OK to save and close the editor.