Select Email Recipients from the CSM Address Book
Use the CSM Address Book to search for specific names, find names contained in Customer Objects and groups, or select entire Teams or Workgroups as recipients.
Good to know:
- The ability to access the Address Book is determined by E-mail security rights.
- If a Team or Workgroup is selected as a recipient, the name of the Team or Workgroup is shown on the To, Cc, or Bcc line with the appropriate prefix (example: Team: 1st Level Support). When a Team or Workgroup is created or edited, administrators can also select how e-mails are sent to Teams or Workgroups. For more information, refer to the Teams and Workgroups Documentation.
- Separate e-mail addresses and Teams and Workgroups entries with semicolons (example: Team: 1st Level Support; [email protected]).
- A Team or Workgroup cannot be selected as a From Address.
To select e-mail recipients using the Address Book:
- Click the To, Cc, or Bcc button in the E-mail Message window.
- Select how to search for names in the Address Book, either:
- Provide Name or Select from List: Provide a name and click Go to search for a specific name in the Address Book.
- Show Names From: Select a Customer Object or group in the drop-down to select recipients from a list of names contained in the Customer Object or group. The drop-down includes:
- Objects containing Customer or User data (example: Customer Group Object, Customer - Internal Major Object, and UserInfo Lookup Table). For more information, see Business Objects.
- Select a name from the list.
- Click the line where it should appear on (To, Cc, or Bcc).
The selected names are displayed in the E-mail Message window.
- Send the e-mail.