CSM Item Managers Good to Know
Use these tips for helpful information on CSM Item Managers.
- Dependencies are important to note when editing or deleting items in CSM Item Managers. For example, a Widget might be dependent on a specific Metric to show the correct data. Use the CSM Item Manager to find dependencies between items (example: Dashboards, Reports, One-Step Actions) in the CSM System. This process scans the CSM system to find everything that uses the selected item. For more information, see Find CSM Item Dependencies.
- A copied item retains the same dependencies as its original. Be sure to find dependencies before editing the item's copy.
- It is important to rename imported or exported items to ensure existing items are not overwritten.
- The ability to organize CSM Items is configured through security rights. For more information, see Security Rights documentation.
- Security rights control access to CSM functionality and are configured in the Security Group Manager in CSM Administrator (Security > Edit Security Groups). For more information, see Security rights and Configure CSM Item Manager Security Rights.