Delete a CSM Item
Use the CSM Item Managers to delete CSM Items (example: Dashboards, Reports, etc.). For example, you might want to delete obsolete Searches or Dashboards that are no longer used.
Good to know:
- Deleting items in the CSM Item Managers does not delete the items associated with them (example: Widgets associated with Dashboards). However, there may be dependencies between CSM Items that can be affected when deleting items.
- Dependencies are important to note when editing or deleting items in CSM Item Managers. Click the Dependencies button to scan CSM for everything that uses the item.
Managers look and behave differently in the Browser Client. For more information, refer to the CSM Browser Client.
To delete a CSM Item:
- Open the CSM Item Manager.
- Select a scope and subfolder (if needed).
- Click the CSM Item to delete, and then select one of the following:
- Click the Delete button.
- From the CSM Item Manager window, right-click>Delete.
- From the CSM Item Manager menu bar, select File>Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.