Define a Work with a Queue Action
Use the Work with a Queue Action to perform Queue operations.
For example, create a Problem from an existing Incident (Create a New Business Object Action), and then add the newly created Problem to the Problem Management Queue.
To define a Work with a Queue Action for a One-Step™ Action:
- Open the One-Step Editor.
- Add a Work with a Queue Action to the Designer Board.
- Define general properties for the Work with a Queue Action:
Option Description Name Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified within the One-Step Action). Operation
- Add: Adds the active record to a Queue.
- Remove: Removes the active record from a specific Queue or from all Queues where it exists.
- Check Out: Check out the active record from a Queue.
- Check In: Check the active record into a Queue.
- Suspend: Suspends the active record from a Queue so it cannot be checked out.
- Unsuspend: Unsuspends the active record from a Queue so it is available for checkout.
Queue Operations are performed against a specific Queue. Select a most recently used (MRU) Queue in the drop-down, or click the Ellipses button to open the Queue Manager and select a Queue or create a new Queue. Based on Scope and Value The Action makes a selection based on a specified scope and Token Value. Select the scope in the drop-down. Click the Selector button to open the Token menu and select a Token that holds the appropriate name or ID. All Queues (Remove only) Remove the active record from all Queues to which it belongs. History Comments Comments that are attached to the active record's history. Provide text. Click the Selector button to insert Tokens (example: Fields, System Functions, Prompts, Expressions, Stored Values, Metrics, and Counters) directly into the text.
- Define the Annotations for a One-Step Action.
- Click Save.