Define General Properties for a One-Step™ Action
General One-Step Action properties include name and description, Business Object association, scope, and a custom image. You can also choose a specific culture to use when the One-Step Action is run.
Use the Create a New One-Step window and the Start window in the Step Details section of the One-Step Editor to define the general properties for a One-Step Action.
To define general properties for a One-Step Action:
- Open the One-Step Editor.
- Click the StartGraphic.
- In the Step Details section, click the General page.
- Modify the Name and Description defined when the One-Step Action was created, if needed.
- Verify the Business Object association selected in the One-Step Action Manager. This setting is read only.
- Optionally, select the Use a specific culture when executing the One-Step check box, and then select a culture to use when the One-Step Action is run. This is particularly useful for ensuring that email messages sent by the One-Step Action are translated into a specific language. Options include:
- Select a culture from the list of enabled cultures.
- Select a custom culture code stored in a Business Object Field. For example, you can create a Culture Field in the UserInfo table so the One-Step Action is run using the culture set for the User running the One-Step Action.
If you do not select a specific culture, the One-Step Action runs in the culture of the User who runs the One-Step Action.
- Click the Options button.
Option Description Availability Select a scope. If you already selected a scope at the beginning, this is auto-filled with your selection. Association
If applicable, select a more filtered scope (example: A particular team). <Automatic> applies scope based on login. If not applicable, this option is disabled.
Options Click the Options button to set a scope, association, and custom image for the One-Step Action.