Define Behavior Properties for a Queue
Use the Behavior page (accessed from within the Queue Manager) to define behavior properties for Queues.
When you define behaviors, you define:
- Queue limits
- Queue behavior
- Record ownership transfers
Good to know:
While a record is suspended in a Queue, it is not automatically checked out when a user selects the Next Available record from the Queue.
To define behavior properties for a Queue:
- Open the Queue Manager.
- Select Create New.
- Select the Behavior page.
- Define Queue limits (number based or time based):
- Limit User to [Number] records checked out at a time: Select this check box to limit the number of records that a user can check out of a Queue at one time.
- Limit checkout time to [Number] [Timeframe]: Select this check box to limit on the amount of time a user can keep a record checked out from a Queue (when the specified time passes, the record is automatically shown as not checked out). Then,
- Define Queue behaviors (select all that apply):
- Allow items to be suspended from a Queue: Select this check box to allow records to be suspended until the user removes the suspension.
- Checking out an item removes it from the Queue: Select this check box to remove a record from the Queue when it is checked out.
This option is recommended for users who retrieve the record and complete the work in a single operation.
- Automatically refresh count on Task Pane: Select this check box to automatically update the display of the total number of records in the Queue.
- Part of Queue Group: Select this check box to have the Queue belong to a specific Queue Group, then select the Queue Group from the drop-down list. If necessary, select the Ellipses to open the Queue Group Manager, which allows you to create a new Queue Group.
- Automatically remove [Business Object] from Queue when [Final State]: Select this check box to remove the Business Object from the Queue when the lifecycle of the Business Object is complete (example: If an Incident is closed, it is automatically be removed from the Queue).
This option is only available if the Business Object has a lifecycle.
For CSM 10.2.0 or later versions, use the Business Object Lifecycle Editor to add a lifecycle to a Business Object. See: Open the Lifecycle Editor.
- Define record ownership transfers (select all that apply):
- When record put on Queue: Select this check box to automatically change the owner of a record to a specific user or team when the record is placed on the Queue (example: The Networking Team owns the Networking Queue).
- When record checked out from Queue: Select this check box to automatically change the owner of the record to the user who checked out the record.
- Select Save.