Create Calculated Fields for Reports in the Report Wizard
The Create Calculated Fields for Reports page in the Report Wizard allows you to optionally add existing or create new Calculated Fields to include in the Report.
Use Calculated Fields to calculate values based on the data in each row. You can perform string manipulation, math calculations, and Date/Time functions that use Calendars, such as your company’s Business Hours.
There are multiple options for using Calculated Fields with Reports. For more information, see Defining Calculated Fields for a Report.
To add a Calculated Field available only in this Report:
- Click Add.
- Specify a Name for the Calculated Field. Note that names cannot contain spaces.
- Select the Business Object to associate with the Calculated Field.
- From the Data Type drop-down list, select one of the four data types recognized by the Report Designer:
A Date/Time data type allows you to build an Expression to perform date/time calculations (example: Calculate a fifteen minute warning for an SLA).
A Logical data type allows you to build an Expression to use one or more conditions to return a true or false value (example: Incident.Status does not equal Closed).
A Number data type allows you to build an Expression to perform mathematical calculations using a string of Fields and mathematical symbols (example: Calculate the total cost of a Labor Cost Item by multiplying the work hours by the monetary rate).
A Text data type allows you to build an Expression to display a string of Tokens and text (example: Return either "Open" or "Closed," depending on the status of a record).
- Select the Expression:
- Stored Expression:
Click the Ellipses button to select an existing Cherwell Expression. See Expressions for more on Expressions.
- Custom Expression:
Click the Expression button to create a custom Expression. For more information, see the Define Expression topic for the Data Type selected:
- Stored Expression:
To add a Custom Expression:
- Click the Expression button.
- Select the Incidents Closed On1st Call Field in the drop-down arrow (Incident Fields>Statistics>Closed on 1st Call).
- When the Field is in place, right-click the Field.
- In the drop-down, click Modifiers.
The Modify/Format Value window opens.
- Select Format for the Modifier.
- Specify Yes as the value to display when the logical Field is true.
- Specify No as the value to display for false.