Select Sort Fields in the Report Wizard
The Select Sort Fields page of the Report Wizard allows you to specify Fields to use to sort and display Report data. You can select any Field related to the primary Business Object for the Report.
To select sort Fields:
- Locate the Field you want to sort Report rows by in the Fields list.
- Double-click the Field or use the Move Right arrow to add it to the Sort Fields list.
- Use the arrows to add, remove, and reorder Fields.
The example above will display Incidents sorted first by Incident ID, then Priority, then Status.
To display results in order of Incident ID, select CreatedDateTime as the sort Field. Because IncidentID is a text Field, the sort order does not display as expected (1, 2, 3, etc). Instead, results are ordered as follows: 1, 11, 111, 2, etc. Because records are created in ascending order, CreatedDateTime will display results in the expected order.
- Select the Show Bookmarks box to display a list of Field values in the Document Map of the Report Designer so that a User can click on a value to jump to that group of the Report.
- Click Next to open the Set up Report Grouping page.