Create a Saved Search Using Only Child Object Criteria
Using a saved search with only child Object criteria, you can create searches that find, for example, ANY Change Request awaiting approval from yourself or ALL Change Requests awaiting approval.
To create a saved search for any Change Requests with Approvals waiting for your response:
- Open the Search Manager.
- Select the Create a New Search button .
The Stored Query window opens.
- Select Change Request in the Search Type drop-down list.
- When you create a Stored Query, a new Comparison Clause appears, focused on the Change Request Business Object. As you do not need to enter any Change Request criteria for this search, select the Delete button to remove the Comparison Clause.
The Grouping Clause is left behind as shown below.
- Select the New button and then select Related Clause from the drop-down list.
- Select Change Request Owns Approvals from the Relationship drop-down list.
- Select There is at least one Approval from the Contains drop-down list.
- To set the criteria for Approvals that are in Waiting status, select the New button and then select Comparison Clause from the drop-down list.
- Expand the Approval fields and select Status. Then complete the right-hand side of the Clause by selecting Waiting from the drop-down list.
- To set the criteria for only Approvals awaiting your response, select the New button and then select Comparison Clause from the drop-down list.
- Expand the Approval fields and select Approver ID (NOT Approval ID). Then complete the right-hand side of the Clause by expanding System Functions and selecting CurrentUserRecordID.
Approver ID and the System Function for CurrentUserRecordID were selected for this criteria, or Comparison Clause. Approver Name and the System Function for CurrentUserDisplayName will work too, but if your name changes, such as by marriage, using your Record ID for the search will be more accurate.
- Name your search and save it by selecting OK.
Now you can find ANY change request with a "waiting" approval for yourself.
Creating a search for all Change Requests awaiting Approvals
Creating a similar, and simpler search, can return ALL Change Requests with approval records awaiting approval: