Format a Token
You can reformat some tokens using modifiers and formats that change the visual format or calculated value of the token in a One-Step™ Action or expression.
For example, a Date/Time field in a One-Step Action can be modified to display only the date without the time stamp for ease of use.
- A modifier is a token element that changes the visual format or calculated value of a token in a One-Step Action or expression.
- A format is a token formula that controls how characters and digits are displayed in a text field (example: When and where to include hyphens, parentheses, spaces, capitalization, etc.).
- Right-click a token in a One-Step Action or expression.
- From the context menu, select Modifiers.
- Select a Modifier from the list to edit an existing modifier. To create a new modifier, select Create New.
- Select OK.
- Open the Properties window for the field to add a format:
- In CSM Administrator, create a Blueprint.
- In the Object Manager, double-click the Business Object that contains the field.
- Double-click the Field.
The Field Properties window opens.
- Select the General tab.
- Select the Format check box.
- Select the format to apply:
- Select the ellipsis to open the Stored Format Manager, where you can select an existing format (stored format) or create a stored format. Stored formats can be used over and over in numerous places.
- Select Custom Format to open the Custom Format window, where you can create a custom format to use only for this scenario. A custom format has many of the same properties as a stored format, only it does not have a name or description, and is not managed through the Stored Format Manager.
- Select OK.
To apply a modifier to a token in a One-Step Action or expression:
To apply a format to a token: