Enable Localization Support for a Lookup Table
You must enable localization support for Lookup Tables before you can translate Field values for the table.
To enable localization support for a Lookup Table:
- Create a Blueprint.
- In the Object Manager, select the Lookup Table for which you want to enable localization features.
- Select Edit Business Object.
- Click Bus Ob Properties.
- Select the Localization page.
- Select the Supports Localization check box.
- Select the Fields for which you will translate values.
To enable localization support for a Field in a Group Member, enable localization for the Group Leader, and then select the Fields to translate.
- Click OK.
The Manage Culture-specific Fields dialog opens.
- Select options to determine how values are managed for the languages enabled for your system.
Option Description Copy the neutral-culture field values to specific culture Fields Select this check box to copy existing values into Fields for the selected culture. Select the culture that the neutral-culture field value is currently in Select a culture that you know has existing values for the fields you want to translate. Typically, this is the installed culture for your system. Overwrite existing culture-specific Field values Select this check box to overwrite existing culture-specific values with values from the selected culture. Copy the neutral-culture value to all culture-specific Fields Select this check box to copy the neutral-culture value to all culture-specific Fields. This adds a value for all enabled cultures.
For best results, select this option because it gives you a starting point for translations.
Open the Data Editor Select this check box to open the Data Editor after values are copied. Add culture-specific values to the default Form and Grid Select this check box to add culture-specific values to the Default Form and Grid. Purge orphaned culture-specific Fields Select this check box to remove culture-specific Fields that exist in your system but are not used. For example, you may have Fields from a culture no longer used in your system, so you can remove these orphans.
- Click OK.
A message opens, indicating the results of the copy.
- Close the message.
You can now:
- Use the Data Editor to translate values for culture-specific Fields. You can do this before you publish the Blueprint.
- Publish the Blueprint, and then create a Language Pack that includes the Lookup Table and use the Language Pack Editor to translate values for culture-specific Fields. Refer to Create a Language Pack.
- Manage culture Fields from the Object Manager. From the Object Manager, select the Lookup Table, and then click the Manage Culture Fields link.