Guidelines for Translating .tsv Files
Strings files are exported in tab-delimited (.tsv) format. You must follow specific guidelines for modifying these files to successfully import translations into CSM.
- Each string is exported in this format:
(untranslated text) tab (translated text) tab EOL
Add translations to the "(translated text)" portion of each string only. Do not modify other portions of the string.
- If you do not use a translation tool to translate the strings file, use Microsoft Excel to help you adhere to the tab-delimited format.
- The .tsv file must be encoded as UTF-8. For steps on viewing and setting the encoding, refer to your editor's documentation.
- Do not modify the first line of the exported file.
- Tokens are exported in this format:
Do not modify text between dollar signs.
- Rich Text strings are included in the exported file but should always be translated in the Language Pack Editor.