Securing the Cherwell Service Host
Assign network service-level security access and permissions on the Cherwell® Service Host to support its microservices Automation Process Service and Scheduling Service.
For back-end processes that run One-Step™ Actions, you should allow only permissions that are required for performing the actions. Granting more advanced permissions is not recommended.
To configure security:
- Start the Windows Services Manager, and locate the Cherwell Service Host.
- Right-click the Cherwell Service Host, and then select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab.
- Select the This account option, and then select the Browse button.
- In the Select User window, type Network Service in the Enter the object name to select field, and then select Check Names to resolve the name.
Network Service is the recommended account for all Cherwell services. Do not use Local Service.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply to save your updates, and then select OK to close the Properties window.