Tips for Creating and Using mApp Solutions
Use the following tips to help you create an effective mApp Solution:
- Have a plan:
- Gather information (interviews, research, etc.) to get ideas.
- Create real-world scenarios.
- Create flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Check your assumptions:
- How the mApp Solution will be used.
- What the target system will look like.
- What limitations exist (example: You cannot edit an existing Form, but you can create a new Form).
- Keep the following in mind:
- Check for References to ensure all dependent definitions are included in a mApp Solution.
- When you include a Business Object in a mApp Solution and select Merge as the merge action, only include the Fields that apply to the mApp Solution (delete the Fields you do not want to be imported into a target system). If the Business Object does not exist in the target system, it will be imported in its entirety, without any unnecessary Fields.
- When you include a Relationship in a mApp Solution, either add the reverse Relationship to the mApp Solution or clear the Reverse Relationship check box (on the General page in the Relationships Properties window).
Following are some tips for applying mApp Solutions:
- Apply a mApp Solution against a test environment before committing it to your live production environment. This allows you to verify that changes are applied without errors and produce the expected results.
- For mApp Solutions that contain Security Groups and Roles, carefully review security changes that may impact the target system after you apply the mApp Solution. Also, remember that you must manually assign Users to Security Groups after you apply a mApp Solution that contains Security Groups.