Practice Exercise: Get Search Items
This is the first in a series of practice exercises to help you become familiar with the Cherwell® REST API Discovery Tool. In this exercise, you will call a simple operation with a single, boolean parameter.
- Log into the REST API Discovery Tool. See Opening the REST API Discovery Tool.
- Click the Searches heading to expand the list of operations.
- Click /api/V1/getsearchitems to expand the operation's details.
- Under parameters, select true for the links parameter.
- Click Try it out!
If the response data does not appear, ensure that the authentication button has been switched to On.
- Optional: Try calling the operation again using false for the links parameter to see the difference in response data.