Create a Customer Workgroup
Using the Team and Workgroup Manager, create a Customer Workgroup by defining the name, description, and email information about the Workgroup (Info) and the customers in the Workgroup (Members).
If configured, record ownership rights (View, Add, Edit, Delete rights) can be extended to managers, departments, and Teams/Workgroups, so carefully consider the implications of these relationships.
To create a Customer Workgroup:
- Open the Team and Workgroup Manager.
- Select the Customer workgroups option.
The Manager lists the existing Workgroups.
- Select Create New to add a new workgroup to the list.
- Define general information for the Workgroup:
- Select the Info tab.
- Provide a name for the Workgroup.
- Select the Image button to open the Image Manager, and then select an existing image or import a new image to represent the item in the UI.
- Provide a description to use within CSM (this property can be searched in CSM Item Managers).
- Select an option to determine how emails are sent to the Workgroup (when the Workgroup is chosen as the email recipient).
- Send to All Members Who Have a Valid E-mail Address: Select this option to send emails to all of the addresses for all customers in the Workgroup (based on the member list created in the next step).
- Send to This Alias: Select this option, and then provide the email alias (example: [email protected]) to send emails to an already-defined email alias. This option is useful if a company has created an email alias (example: Company Administrators) that mirrors the membership Workgroup.
- Add customers to the new (or an existing) Workgroup:
- Select the Workgroup (if not already selected).
- Select the Members tab.
- Select Add to open the Contact Manager.
- Select a customer from the list of contacts, and then select OK.
- Repeat steps c and d above to add more customers.
If a customer you want to add is not in the Contact Manager lists, select New on the Contact Manager toolbar, and then create a new Customer Record, see Create a Customer Record. After adding the new customer to the Contact Manager, follow the steps above to add them to the Workgroup.
- Select Save in the Teams and Workgroups window.