Create a Team
Create a Team/Workgroup to define name, description, and email information for the Team (Info) and Users on the Team (Members).
Use the Team and Workgroup Manager in CSM Administrator to create a Team or Customer Workgroup.
If configured, record ownership rights (View, Add, Edit, Delete rights) can be extended to managers, departments, and Teams/Workgroups, so carefully consider the implications of these relationships.
To create a Team:
- Open the Team and Workgroup Manager.
- Select the User Teams radio button.
The Manager lists the existing Teams.
- Select the Create New button to add a new team to the list.
- Define general information for the Team:
- Select the Info tab.
- Provide a name for the Team.
- Select the Image button to open the Image Manager, and then select an existing image or import a new image to represent the item in the UI.
- Provide a description to use within CSM (this property can be searched in CSM Item Managers).
- Define options for determining how emails are sent to the Team (when the Team is chosen as the email recipient).
- Send to All Members Who Have a Valid E-mail Address: Select this radio button to send emails to all of the addresses for all members of the Team (based on the member list created in the next step).
- Send to This Alias: Select this radio button, and then provide the email alias (example: [email protected]) to send emails to an already defined email alias. This option is useful if a company has created an email alias (example: Company Administrators) that mirrors the membership of the Team.
- Add Users to the Team:
- Select the Members tab.
- Select the Add button.
The Add Team Member window opens.
- Select one or more Users to add to the Team.
- To designate a Team manager, select a User (member), and then select the Team manager check box. You can designate more than one manager, if needed.
- Select OK to add User(s) to the team.
- Select Save.