About the Server Manager
The Server Manager is a standalone tool that allows system administrators to efficiently monitor, manage, and configure the CSM services. You can also restart some managed CSM Web Applications.
Use the Server Manager to:
- Monitor the status (running or stopped) of CSM services and Web Applications.
- Start, stop, and restart CSM Servers.
- Restart CSM Web Applications.
- Configure CSM Services: CSM Services are configured by default during installation. If settings need to be changed, use the Server Manager. For example, you can change the protocol used to communicate with the Cherwell Application Server, a connection to the database, or a method of logging Server events.
- Configure the Trusted Agents Server.
- Configure Encryption Keys for CSM services or Web Applications.
- Configure logging for CSM services or Web Applications.
- Configure Overwatch settings.
Add comments or helpful information to the Server Manager. For example, add a note to inform other system administrators of upcoming maintenance.
The Server Manager is automatically installed on the same machine where CSM Servers are installed.