With the expansion of remote work it is more important than ever to measure and manage the digital employee experience.
The Ivanti Neurons Digital Experience (DEX) score is calculated based on a curated set of indicators, hybrid machine learning, and statistical models. The score ranges between 0 and 100, with higher scores indicating better experiences.
DEX Scores account for three levels and four domains of analysis:
- The three levels have a hierarchical relationship: Device, People and Organization. Device DEX Scores are the most granular DEX Score we provide, and are rolled up into the People DEX Score, and further rolled up into the Organization DEX Score.
- The four domains establish ownerships and accountabilities: Device, Service Management, Application, and Security.
For more information on DEX and how it works, see this Ivanti blog post: Measuring Digital Experience with Artificial Intelligence.
The data DEX uses comes from Ivanti Neurons connectors and agents. The DEX Score is calculated each time a device returns an inventory scan with a DEX indicator value that has changed. This generally happens once a day.
The Device view has several places where you can view DEX Scores.
You can add "DEX Score" as a column in the Devices view. Use DEX Score filters in the Devices view to isolate which devices are visible.
You can also click on a device in the Devices view. A device's Overview page has a Digital Experience Score summary panel that shows the current score and potential issues. Click Go to details to view the full DEX Score page, which shows more information about each indicator. You may need to click + to expand collapsed lists.
If an indicator is detected as problematic, the DEX Score page will suggest ways to address the issue.
Device DEX Scores have the following color coding:
- Green: 2 or fewer critical indicators, normal
- Yellow: 3-4 critical indicators, caution
- Red: 5 or more critical indicators, critical
The DEX Score on People pages is a combination of the DEX Scores of devices that are associated with that person and how DEX has rated their service management incidents.
Service management incidents that have not been associated with a device are part of the people level DEX Score and are visible there. If a service desk analyst has associated an incident with a device, those incidents are part of that device's DEX Score and will be visible in the device's DEX Score panel.
People DEX Scores have the following color coding:
- Green: Average of 2 or fewer critical indicators, normal
- Yellow: Average of 3-4 critical indicators, caution
- Red: Average of 5 or more critical indicators, critical
Organization DEX Scores are the highest-level view, that aggregates all data from the DEX Device and People score domains.
View Organization DEX Scores on the Home page. In the Organization DEX Score section, click the , Normal, Caution, and Criticalbar chart elements for a list of devices or people in each category.
Organization DEX Scores have the following color coding and values:
- Green: Score of 61-100, normal
- Yellow: Score of 41-60, caution
- Red: Score of 40 or less, critical
Once configured, these Ivanti products can also show DEX Scores:
- Add Device DEX Score to hardware assets records in Neurons for ITAM.
- Add People DEX Score to employee records in Neurons for ITSM.