Retrying Failures, Approving Releases, and Publishing Versions
This page describes how to retry failed product publications, approve new product releases, and how to publish a specific version to Intune.
When receiving a Failed status upon attempting to manage products, you can retry to publish it by following these steps:
- Select the product(s) that failed.
- Select Retry.
This button is disabled if you select products that have not failed.
- Review the list of selected products.
- Select Retry.
If successful, the count on the Failed Publications tile is decremented.
When managing products, you can choose to require manual approval when a new version of the product becomes available. New product versions are viewed by selecting the New Versions tile.
There are two methods to approve or reject a new product version:
- In the Alert column, select New version available, review the details and then select either Approve or Reject.
- On the Products tab, select the check box for the product. To approve the latest new version, select Approve release.
To reject the latest version, select the drop-down selector next to the Approve release button and select Reject.
This button is disabled if you select a product that does not require a new version.
If successful, the count on the New Versions tile is decremented.
In addition to managing products, you can also publish a specific version of a product to Intune. This is particularly useful for unmanaged products, but you can also use it to publish a specific version of a managed product that requires approval.
To publish a specific version:
- On the Products tab, select the required product.
The product page appears.
- In the table, select the version you want to publish, then click Publish version.
The Publish Version dialog appears.
- Complete the panel as required (for details, see Managing Products), then click Publish.
The version is published to Intune.