Administrative utilities include automated authorization of trusted software upgrade sources, scheduling domain synchronization, and managing administrator rights.
The Ivanti Device and Application Control product solution suite provides administrative tools for the Ivanti Device and Application Control Enterprise Administrator to reduce administrative burden during installation of the Ivanti Device and Application Control product suite, for:
- Using the Ivanti Device and Application Control Authorization Service.
- Scheduling automatic domain synchronization.
- Managing Ivanti Device and Application Control administrator rights.
- Opening firewall ports for the Application Servers and clients.
- Using the Ivanti Device and Application Control Authorization Service Tool
You can use the Ivanti Device and Application Control Authorization Service Tool to monitor approved and synchronized changes to executable file authorization policies using Microsoft® Update Services (SUS) and Windows® Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Scheduling Domain Synchronization
The SXDomain utility provides a method to automatically schedule domain synchronization, using the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Manage Administrator Rights
Initially, you can manage administrator rights allocated in the Active Directory (AD) to delegate roles and responsibilities using the Microsoft® Windows® Visual Basic® script provided with the Ivanti Device and Application Control installation software.
- Opening Firewall Ports
Firewall settings may deny access to services and network ports which prevent the Ivanti Device and Application Control Client Deployment Tool from connecting to remote computers.
- Dynamic Script Support
You can specify, explicitly or with wildcards, one or more URLs that will permit the execution of non-whitelisted scripts within Microsoft Internet Explorer.