Create Temporary Permission Offline
An administrator can create temporary offline permissions access for a client that cannot access the Application Server through a network connection.
The device user must request temporary offline permission access.
- In the Management Console, select Tools > Temporary Permission Access Offline.
The Authorize Temporary Permission Offline dialog opens.
- Select the Device Class from the drop-down menu.
- Click Permissions, and choose one of the following options:
- In the Lifetime of the Permissions field, specify the Day(s), Hour(s), and Minute(s).
- Click Computers and select the computer name from the list shown.
- Click Users and select the user name from the list shown.
- In the Client Key field, enter the alphanumeric value generated by the client.
- You may enter a comment in the Comments text field that will be shown in the associated audit log entry.
Generate is disabled until you enter all the information required in the Authorize Temporary Access Offline dialog.
Ivanti Device and Application Control validates the value entered in the Client Key field and displays a validation message in the Authorize Temporary Access Offline dialog. Otherwise, a message is shown requesting that you re-enter theClient Key value.
- Click Generate.
Ivanti Device and Application Control generates a 46-character alphanumeric value that is shown in the Unlock Key field.
- Communicate the Unlock Key value to the user.
- Click Close.
The administrator receives a message that the temporary offline permission assigned to the user will be deleted when the user reconnects the network.
|Read||User can read file information from the removable storage device.|
|Write||User can write file information to and from the removable storage device.|
|Encrypt||User can encrypt a removable storage device.|
|Decrypt||User can decrypt a removable storage device.|
|Export to File||Exports the public key used to encrypt the removable storage device to a file.|
|Export to Media||Exports the public key used to encrypt the removable storage device to the device itself.|
|Import||User can import data from an external encryption key.|
After Completing This Task
To continue temporary permissions after the user reconnects to the network, you need to assign temporary permissions to users using the Tools module.