Request Temporary Access Offline
A client user may request temporary permission from an administrator to access a device.
Users may need to temporarily modify encrypted device access permissions when they have no access the network or the Internet. For example, a user may need to read a file stored on a removable storage device or needs authorization to install a specialty software application for business use. A user communicates with an administrator to explain the required permissions and a provide device key code obtained from the client. The administrator enters this code in the Management Console and, after the request is approved, provides an unlock code to the user. The user enters the unlock code in the client. The unlock code contains the necessary permissions for the user to access the encrypted device. The permissions are valid until they expire or the computer reconnects to the network.
- In the Windows system tray, right-click the client icon.
- From the right-mouse menu, select Request temporary access offline.
The Request Temporary Access Offline dialog opens with the Input page shown.
- Select the Device Class from the drop-down menu.
- Select the type(s) of permissions you are requesting from the following:
- In the Lifetime of the Permissions field, specify the following:
- Choose a user type from the For which user? panel from the following:
- For you
- For everyone
Use the For everyone option when logging the client computer in to a network that is unknown to the administrator.
- Click Next.
The Request Temporary Access Offline dialog shows the Output page.
- Provide the 27-character alphanumeric Client Key value to the administrator.
- Enter the 46-character alphanumeric Unlock Key value provided by the administrator in the Unlock code field.
Caution: You are permitted 15 attempts to enter the correct Unlock codebefore triggering a lockout period.
- Click Next.
The Request Temporary Access Offline dialog shows the Finish page and the user receives a message shown in the Windows system tray that the device permission status is changed for a specified period.
- Click Finish.
|Read||User can read file information from the removable storage device.|
|Write||User can write file information to and from the removable storage device.|
|Encrypt||User can encrypt a removable storage device.|
|Decrypt||User can decrypt a removable storage device.|
|Export to File||Exports the public key used to encrypt the removable storage device to a file.|
|Export to Media||Exports the public key used to encrypt the removable storage device to the device itself.|
|Import||User can import data from an external encryption key.|