Working with Media Authorizer
The Device ControlMedia Authorizer module provides administrators the ability to encrypt non-bootable hard disk or flash removable storage media, and authorize user access to the encrypted media. Removable storage media are defined for Device Control as any device recognized by the Windows removable storage devices class through the plug-and-play feature.
With the Media Authorizer you can:
- Add CD/DVD media to the database.
- Authorize user access to individually specified CD/DVD media in the network environment.
- Perform centralized data encryption for removable storage media.
- Perform centralized data encryption for removable storage media used when computers and users are connected to your network environment.
- Rename CD/DVD disk media that has been added to the database.
- Authorize user access to encrypted removable storage media in the network environment.
- Export encryption keys to provide access to encrypted media used outside your network environment.
- The Media Authorizer Window
The Media Authorizer window provides primary administrative access for adding CD/DVDs and encrypted removable storage devices to the database, as well as, authorizing specific user access to the devices.
- User by Medium Tab
You use the User by Medium tab to add and remove storage devices from the database, as well as, assign user access to removable storage media.
- Media by User Tab
You can use the Media by User tab to assign individual user access to encrypted removable storage media.
- Encrypting Removable Media
Device Control uses encryption to control the use of removable storage media. After a user is assigned authorized access to the encrypted removable storage media, the client provides transparent data encryption and decryption.