Request Password Recovery
You can request an administrator to recover a lost or forgotten password for an encrypted device.
You must contact an administrator to request a password recovery key.
You can use Windows Explorer on the client to create a password recovery key request for an encrypted removable storage device.
- Attach the device to your computer.
- Using Windows Explorer, right-click the name of the encrypted device.
- Select Unlock medium from the right-mouse menu.
The Unlock Medium dialog opens.
- Click Recover Password.
- From the Recover Password dialog, provide the administrator with the 32-character alphanumeric Encrypted Medium ID and the 44-character alphanumeric Security Code.
- Type the 52-character alphanumeric passphrase provided by the administrator in the Enter passphrase received from administrator field.
- In the New Password field, type a new password.
- In the Confirm Password field, retype the new password.
- Click OK.
You receive a message that the encrypted medium has been recovered.