The installation checklist outlines the detailed tasks that you must perform when installing the Ivanti Device and Application Control solutions.
This checklist guides you through the installation process.
For installation or upgrade to the latest version of Ivanti Device and Application Control:
- You must have a valid license file that is issued specifically for version 4.5 or later. Confirm that you have the required license file available before you begin installation.
- License files issued before Ivanti Device and Application Control version 4.5 will not work with the Application Server and may cause your Application Servers to stop working.
- The license for Ivanti Device and Application Control 4.5 or later must be installed before you install or upgrade the Ivanti Device and Application Control database, and then the Application Server.
- Request a new license file using the Downloads tab on the Self-Service Portal.
To begin your installation:
- Copy the Ivanti Device and Application Control license file to the \\Windows\System32 folder, and rename the file to endpoint.lic. The license file may be installed after installing the database, however, the license file must be installed before installing the Application Server.
- Download the Ivanti Device and Application Control application software from the Self-Service Portal.
- Create a device, media, or software application inventory which lists the items that you want Ivanti Device and Application Control to control.
- Document company policy that defines:
- Device permissions.
- Shadowing requirements.
- Device encryption requirements.
- Ivanti Device and Application Control administrators and their roles.
- Global domain groups for Ivanti Device and Application Control administrators.
- Plan your Ivanti Device and Application Control network architecture, based on capacity requirements, that list the Application Server host names and IP addresses.
- Create a dedicated Application Server domain user rights service account and set the following:
- User cannot change password.
- Password never expires.
The domain account must have local administration rights when you plan to use the TLS communication protocol for client- Application Server and inter- Application Server data transfers.
Important: The Application Server service account must have database owner (DBO) rights to the Ivanti Device and Application Control database.