Identity Director Upgrade Guide
Upgrade the Management Portal
During the upgrade, the Management Portal is uninstalled automatically, after which the new version is installed.
- Run the Ivanti Identity Director Installer on the target device, for example the web server that also hosts the Web Portal. This opens the Ivanti Identity Director Installer window.
- When asked, choose Select and install components and click Next.
- In the Features section, select Management Portal.
Optionally, you can upgrade other components. Their upgrade starts after you upgrade the Management Portal.
- Start the upgrade and follow the Setup Wizard.
- In the Secure Binding step, specify the settings to create an SSL binding for the Management Portal. This step is skipped if you already installed an Ivanti portal on the web server (e.g. an Ivanti Automation or Ivanti Workspace Control Management Portal, or an Ivanti Identity Director Web Portal).
- The hostname must be known on your internal and external DNS servers.
- The Management Portal is secured with SSL by default. It uses the HTTPS protocol and port 443 (or another port that you specified).
- Associate a server certificate with the binding. This can be a certificate that you obtained from a trusted Certificate Authority, or a self-signed certificate that is automatically generated.
- You can obtain server certificates for example at http://www.startssl.com/.
- Ivanti recommends using self-signed certificates only for testing purposes, not in a production environment.
- Click Next to start the upgrade.
In IIS, the upgrade creates the web site RES and deploys the Management Portal as the web application RES > IdentityDirector.
- If the web site RES already exists, a message is shown. Click Yes to continue.
Management Portal URL
If you specified a hostname identitydirector.example.com, the web application is available at https://identitydirector.example.com/IdentityDirector.
- Verify if you have to Upgrade the Catalog Services. See the linked topic for more information.
- Upgrade the Mobile Client
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.