Upgrading from Identity Director 10, 2018 or 2019
To upgrade Identity Director versions 10, 2018 or 2019 to version 2021, the following additional preparations are necessary:
The Catalog Services have been deprecated as of version 2019.1 and are no longer supplied with Identity Director. They are not needed for:
- Identity Director 2018.1 and higher.
- Automation 2019.x and higher (to integrate with Identity Director).
- Workspace Control 10.4.10.0 and higher (to integrate with Identity Director).
If you need Catalog Services to integrate Ivanti Automation (2018.x and earlier) or Workspace Control (10.4.0.0 and earlier) with Identity Director, you can download Identity Director 2019.0 from the Ivanti Community, and use the Catalog Services that are part of that package.
If you use Catalog Services in an Identity Director 2021 environment, consider also installing at least one Setup and Sync Tool 2019.0 (or earlier).
This will enable you to (re)set the Catalog Services password using the Setup and Sync Tool command-line options.
Necessary Additional Actions
- Before starting the upgrade, stop all Catalog Services in your environment. This ensures that no processes that may affect your environment are running during the upgrade.
- If your Windows clients are still connecting to the Catalog Services:
- Make sure you install the new Mobile Gateway before you upgrade the Windows clients.
- Upgrade your Windows clients and configure them to connect to the Mobile Gateway.
For more information about configuring the Windows client, see Install the Windows Client.
When upgrading from Identity Director 2019.x or earlier, if you have configured the Web Portal to be displayed in an iframe using the allowinframe attribute, this may no longer work after upgrading to Identity Director 2021. Security enhancements that have been made since version 2019 will ignore the allowinframe attribute.
For instructions on how to restore the display, please refer to the Identity Director Help.
The Management and Web Portals can no longer be accessed over HTTP.
If these portals currently allow access over HTTP in your Identity Director environment, please reconfigure to use HTTPS-only before upgrading to Identity Director 2021.
After you have reviewed the items listed above and taken appropriate measures, you can continue with the regular process for an upgrade: