Upgrade the Web Portal
If you have configured the Web Portal to be displayed in an iframe using the allowInFrame attribute in the WebPortal.config file, please read this topic in the Identity Director Help before upgrading to Identity Director 2021.
- Run the Ivanti Identity Director Installer.
- When prompted, choose Select and install components and click Next.
- In the Features section, select Transaction Engine.
If you installed other components on the same device, also select those. Components will be installed in the order in which they are displayed in the Features section.
- Start the upgrade and follow the Setup Wizard.
- If you have not installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables prior to the installation of the Web Portal, the installer downloads and installs these packages as part of the prerequisites of the Web Portal. See Prerequisites.
- In the Secure Binding step, specify the settings to create an SSL binding for the Web Portal.
This step is skipped if you already installed an Ivanti portal on the web server (e.g. an Ivanti Automation or Ivanti Workspace Control Management Portal).
- The hostname must be known on your internal and external DNS servers.
- The Web Portal is secured with SSL by default. It uses the HTTPS protocol and port 443 (or another port that you specified).
- Associate a server certificate with the binding; either a certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority, or a self-signed certificate that is automatically generated.
- You can obtain server certificates for example at www.letsencrypt.org.
- Ivanti recommends using self-signed certificates only for testing purposes, not in a production environment.
- Click Next to start the upgrade. In IIS, the upgrade creates the web site RES and deploys the Web Portal as a web application at this level.
- If the web site RES already exists, a message is shown. Click Yes to continue the upgrade.
- After the upgrade, open your browser and start the Web Portal.
- The Web Portal opens at the Setup page. On this page, configure the connection settings to the Datastore and authentication settings.
- If you want to use Authentication type 'Identity Broker', please refer to Getting started with Identity Broker for more information on installation and configuration.
- Click Test connection.
- If the settings lead to a successful connection, click Finish.
Web Portal URL
If you specified a hostname identitydirector.example.com, the web application is available at https://identitydirector.example.com