Upgrade the Mobile Gateway
- Run the Ivanti Identity Director Installer on the target device.
- When prompted, choose Select and install components and click Next.
- In the Features section, select Mobile Gateway.
Optionally, you can install other components. Their installation starts after you installed the Mobile Gateway.
- Start the installation and follow the Setup Wizard.
- In the Secure Binding step, specify the settings to create an SSL binding for the Mobile Gateway. This step is skipped if you already installed an Ivanti portal on the web server (e.g. an Ivanti Automation or Workspace Control Management Portal, or an Identity Director Web Portal).
- The hostname must be known on your internal and external DNS servers.
- The Mobile Gateway is secured with SSL by default. It uses the HTTPS protocol and port 443 (or another port that you specified).
- Associate the server certificate with the binding. This can be a certificate that you obtained from a trusted Certificate Authority, or a self-signed certificate that is automatically generated.
- You can obtain server certificates for example at www.letsencrypt.org.
- Ivanti recommends using self-signed certificates only for testing purposes, not in a production environment.
- Click Next to start the installation.
In IIS, the installation creates the web site RES and deploys the Mobile Gateway as the web application RES > Mobile.
- If the web site RES already exists, a message is shown. Click Yes to continue.
- At the end of the installation, configure the connection settings to the Datastore.
- Click Test.
- If the settings lead to a successful connection, click OK.
Mobile Gateway URL
If you specified a hostname identitydirector.example.com, the web application can be accessed with the Mobile Client at https://identitydirector.example.com/mobile
The Mobile Gateway is only required if your environment uses Identity Director Windows Clients and/or Mobile Clients.