If you ever have a question or issue with Security Controls that requires help from the Ivanti Technical Support staff, please have the following information available when opening a support request or calling:
- What version of Security Controls are you using? Please include the build number (available via Help > About Security Controls).
- What operating system is the console installed on? Please include the product level.
- What operating system(s) are the target machines running? Please include the product level and architecture version (32-bit or 64-bit).
- What exactly were you doing when the issue occurred, or what exactly do you want to do? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Provide your Security Controls license key.
- Provide screen shots or text of any on-screen errors.
Ivanti Security Controls Diagnostic Toolkit
The Ivanti Security Controls Diagnostic Toolkit provides utilities to help diagnose your system and provide information to support. See the Security Controls Diagnostic Toolkit Release Notes (opens in a new window) for more information.
Installation Log Files
There are two installation log files within the directory:
- Main installation log file:
- Windows Installer log file:
Program Log Files
If necessary, you may be asked to capture program log files.
- Select Tools > Options > Logging and in the User Interface and Services boxes specify All.
- Restart the program.
- Recreate the issue.
Please note the steps you took to recreate the issue. Also note the date and time of day so our analysts know where to look in the log files.
- Once the issue is recreated, and before you close or restart the program, make a copy of all the logs and include them in your email correspondence.
The logs are located in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Ivanti\Security Controls\Logs