Management and Security
Running Ivanti® Endpoint Manager setup
Before installing Endpoint Manager, make sure the server you've chosen meets the system requirements described earlier in this section. The following steps install Endpoint Manager with the default Microsoft SQL Express database. If you'll be using one of the other supported databases, you need to install and configure that database before running Endpoint Manager setup. For detailed instructions on doing this and installing Endpoint Manager, refer to the Ivanti User Community at https://forums.ivanti.com.
For release notes, installation instructions, and important additional information, make sure you visit the Ivanti® Endpoint Manager2019.1 announcement page on the Ivanti Community:
For more information on supported platforms and system requirements, see this document in the Ivanti user community:
The Indexing service and Windows Search service must both be disabled prior to installation of Ivanti® Endpoint Manager; failure to disable these services could cause the installation to fail.
Also make sure that the server you're installing to doesn't have Microsoft's Windows Server Update Service installed on it. If this service is active you will have problems logging into the console.
Because each environment has different needs, we recommended that you contact Ivanti Professional Services, your reseller, or your Expert Solution Provider (ESP) about Certified Ivanti Deployment.
For more information visit the following web site:
Endpoint Manager setup will open ports in the Windows Firewall on the core server. Nomally, Endpoint Manager setup and agent configuration will configure these ports automatically. If you're using a different firewall, you will need to configure the ports manually. For more information on the ports Endpoint Manager uses, see the following Community article:
To install Ivanti® Endpoint Manager with the built-in SQL Express database
- From your installation media, launch Setup.exe.
- In the main welcome screen, select an installation language and then click Continue.
- Accept the license agreement and then click Continue.
- On the What do you want to install page, make sure Core server is selected and then click Continue.
- On the Prerequisites page, make sure your server passes the prerequisites check. If it doesn't, install the missing prerequisites and click Continue.
- On the How should Ivanti configure your database page, click Configure a new 2016.4 database and then click Continue.
- On the Database application page, select SQL Express (Bundled) and then click Continue.
- On the Where do you want to install page, click Continue to accept the default installation path (C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\).
- On the Secure Client Management page, click Enable Client Certificate-based Security if this the first time Endpoint Manager has been installed in your environment. Otherwise, read Client certificate-based security. Click Continue.
- On the Ready to install page, click Install.
- When setup finishes, click Reboot now.
- After you reboot, wait five minutes for all of the services to start.
- Activate your core as described in Activating the core server.
- Launch the console and log in with the Windows credentials of the user logged in during Endpoint Manager setup. (During setup, this user is automatically given full administrator rights in the console.)
When you launch the console, a getting started wizard opens to help you configure Endpoint Manager. It's important that you complete these steps. After you've done this, see Configuring device agents and the Ivanti User Community at https://forums.ivanti.com for more information about agent deployment.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.