Data filtering using a runtime value
When setting up data filtering, as an alternative to using a filter query, you can specify a runtime value (for example, to select the Primary Group for the Raise User).
To specify a runtime value as a filter rule:
- Display the Attribute Filter Selectors dialog for the required business object (for more information, see Data filtering).
- Click New Filter Rule.
The Attribute Filter Selector dialog appears.
- Click the Select a runtime value option button, then click .
The Select Runtime Value dialog appears.
- Navigate to and select the required value, then click OK.
The filter path is selected and the Attribute Filter Selector dialog appears.
- In the Select client type group box, select Any or Web Access only, then click OK.
The filter rule is added. Note that the Type is set to Path.
- Add any further filter rules, and optionally any filter rule conditions (see here) you require, then click OK on the Attribute Filter Selectors dialog.
- Save the changes to the object.