Auditing desktop integration actions
You can track the history of desktop integration actions performed on a CI by defining a default query for the Configuration Item Audit Item object.
To enable the auditing of desktop integration actions:
- Make sure your desktop integration is set up and working properly, as described earlier.
- In Query Designer, create a system query based on the Configuration Item Audit Item object in the Configuration Management object.
- Add the attributes Function, Value, and Process Class Type.Title to the query, and save it.
- In Object Designer, open the Configuration Management\Configuration Item Audit Item object.
- On the Properties grid, alongside the Default Query property, select the query that you have just created, then click .
When you change the Default Query property, it is saved immediately – not when you save the changes to the object.
To view the desktop integration audit trail:
Make sure the Show Plugin Menu property for the appropriate CI window in Window Manager is set to True.
- Open the window for the CI that you want to view the audit trail for.
- Right-click the CI window, then click CI Audit Trail.
The CI audit trail dialog appears, displaying the results of the query you created above.